Monday, February 28, 2005

Thought to post some of my pictures from the weekend car show here. Even though I am a formula1fan, this was my first F1 car that I have seen up close. I even got a close shot of the diffuser.


Toyota F1 Car



Toyota F1 Diffuser

I can't wait for the new season to start... only one week away!! Qualifying and no tire changes are going to drastically change the season. From my readings, the teams have already made up the 20-30% loss in downforce the 2005 regulations were supposed to impose on the teams... it now comes up to the tires. Will teams pit more often for fuel and keep the car light to save the tires OR force the tire manufacturers to bring harder tires. But this then slows the cars as the harder the tire is the less 'sticky' it is.

My predictions for the 2005 season...
TEAMS
1. BAR Honda is going to do very well, might take the constructors championship.

2. Renault (historically very easy on tires) will give BAR a run for the constructors.

DRIVERS
1. Kimi to win the World Drivers Championship.

2. Jenson Button to give Kimi a run for his money!

Only time will tell...

F1fan