Saturday, February 19, 2005

That wasn't so bad!!

Been working through all the CISSP chapters (taking a CISSP prep course) and the networking section was so bad. I thought it was going to be really tough but I had a lot more knowledge than I thought.

One point my instuctor pointed about me was that I had a knack about thinking outside the box, but that it might hurt me when I go to write the CISSP exam. I need to remember that the exam is based on the perspective of a manager with a security background.

I can see a vulnerability with systems, programming logic and how those assumptions network administer and programmers can be used to take advantage of systems.

Last time I really had a chance to program was about 2 years ago. So, I have been trying to back into it. Wrote a little web site that when I get administrative rights to the network, I can query all Windows logs from my .NET application. There were a couple of tough hurdles but it works in beta. Now I just need to add some finesse to it. Gave me some confidence to try something harder. I will let you know what that project is.

l8ter,
F1fan