Sunday, January 30, 2005

Thought I was a Techie...

I am writing this blog from my new OS... Fedora Core 3.

It all started of by having moderate success using RedHat 7.2/7.3/8.0 on some older laptops I tried to install RH 8.0 on my relatively new computer with an integrated Intel Graphics card. No joy!! That damn thing would not show more then 640X480 on the screen. So, after trying several different things (like trying to configure driver manually which only ended with me having to rebuild the OS) I got myself a copy of the newest Fedora release.

Fedora installed like a dream with no problems, except I was surprised to find that the boot floppy was no longer an option... the Colonel (just kidding) Kernel is too large to fit. Even windows still has the ability to boot from a floppy!!

Lets see how long I can stay open-source?? So far so good. I have been able to do anything I can do with my Windows box, albeit with a little more difficulty.

F1Fan...

PS> LONG LIVE FIREFOX!!